The Cayman Island Animal House

A US Government Accountability Office study found that over 18,000 companies are registered at a single address in the Cayman Islands, a country with no corporate or capital gains taxes.

Tax Haven

The Government Accounting Office reported that over 18,000 companies are registered at a single address in the Cayman Islands, a country with no corporate or capital gains taxes.

Banking System Functions like a Mafia Cartel System

The major banks of the world have been caught ripping off billions of dollars from schools, hospitals, libraries, and nursing homes from virtually every state, district and territory in the United States.

How the US Postal Service is Being Phased Out

The Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act, passed into law in 2006, gives the Postal Service 10 years to pre-fund yet to be born employees (of the year 2091) retiree health care benefits. This mandate is responsible for $4 out of every $5 in Postal Service debts.

The Black Hole in the World Economy

By the end of 2010, the global super-rich elite held at least $21 TRILLION of taxable income hidden in secret tax havens, according to a major study. The figure is equivalent to the size of the US and Japanese economies combined.

Offshore Tax Havens Toll On America

The average tax filer in 2011 would have to pay $426 to make up for revenue lost from corporations and wealthy individuals shifting income to offshore tax havens. The average American small business would have to pay $2,116.

Revenue Lost

Every year, corporations and wealthy individuals avoid paying an estimated $100 billion in taxes by shifting income to low or no tax offshore tax havens. Of that $100 billion, $60 billion in taxes are avoided specifically by corporations.

Underwhelming Economic Growth

In 2010, the top 1% of earners took in a full 93% of all the income gains, leaving the other 7% of gains to be sprinkled among the vast majority of society.

China has America Beat 4 to 1

The United States spends about $4 on goods and services from China for every one dollar that China spends on goods and services from the United States.

Secret Fed Loans to Wall Street Banks

Before the official bailout and in secret, the Federal Reserve provided $1.2 trillion in public money to banks at a time when banks assured investors their firms were healthy.